View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 07:35 AM   #8
Curly Cut
Not Scary

Trading: (9)
Curly Cut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aged pipe tabacco, where to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
There are auction sellers who misrepresent current production tobacco as vintage or discontinued. While experienced buyers may recognize what is what, these listings prey on inexperienced buyers. I find the practice dishonest and distasteful.

And there are boards that selectively delete posts, ban members and cover the asses of their beloved sons. This is not one of those boards and I am not hardly a beloved son. If anyone thinks I'm a liar they can rip me a new asshole and BossHogg up at Admin won't lift a finger to help. That's the way it should be.

Getting back to the original post, why even bother to seek out vintage tobacco? It's a funny game to find and buy the right stuff at the right price. It isn't like current production is bad.
word up on all 3 statements.
1) pipestud has been called out by a select # of individuals on a certain board. he publicly admitted to purposefully misrepresenting his auctions.
2) those posts and topics have been removed from a certain forum because you can't have a dissenting opinion about anything at all... ever. and heaven forbid you disagree with the practices of someone in the pipe smoking hall of fame. no matter what size prick they may be by publicly admitting that they lie in their auctions.
3) i was going to comment on what Dan just did, but figured you're a big boy and if you want vintage tobacco... go for it. but it seems like you won't have a baseline to compare them to since you're fairly new to pipe tobacco in general (i think).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
try Ebay.
I have found many tins that were rare treasures. Some I got at a good price, some I paid what the FMV was, some I paid more becuase I really wanted it, and a few tin I stole off Ebay.

As mentioned above, watch out for pipestud. That being said, if you know what you are looking for and researched, sometimes you can get a fair deal.
I have bought from him several times in the past.....but I knew what I was getting into.
fo shizzle.

another example of a pipestud auction:
one week a 5 pack of older escudo went for $65 (for the entire 5 pack).
next week, i attempt to bid on the very same product, only from pipestud. it went for over $200.
that same week, i won 6 tins of the very same thing from a different guy (plus 3 more tins offline), and i paid less than $110 for 9 tins of the older Escudo.