Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Homemade Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
99Ranch usually has ground pork in varying fat%. They also have belly pork and other off cuts that cant be found at the average market.
Good to know, thanks Bob. My normal supplier for coarse ground pork is the university meat processing plant and while it's the same as what they use in their sausage, it's a tad on the lean side and they don't offer different fat percentages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Actually no, Adam.
I was looking to start with regular sausage. Curing it may come later after some practice.

Thanks for the link.
Ok. Nothing I can really add to all the aforementioned advice in this thread, it's been pretty well covered. All I can say is that it's really pretty easy, with the exception of using too much salt, it's a very forgiving process/recipe. After the first batch, I kind of looked back and said "That's it? That was too simple. Why the hell have I been buying it all these years?"

The recipes from that site that I happen to really like are the hot Italian, Italian fennel, Polish and especially the Bratwurst #1 with the addition of 1-2 tsp of ground mace.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote