View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 10:37 PM   #106
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Silound's Dog-Rocket Review Challenge!

Aww man, I'm way behind. OK...

I did smoke #9 last weekend. I was waiting for HK3 to email me the pics but oh well.

#9 was honestly not a bad smoke. Mild, decent flavor, didn't smell like burning garbage. I would not consider Dog Rocket #9 to be a dog rocket.

Dog Rocket #10

From Silound's description: Ok, another “no-clue” bundle. Something from Cigar Connection in Florida that costs $11 a bundle….4 years ago. 4 years has done nothing but improve these cigars….improve how badly they taste.

My take: A toro sized cigar, deep brown wrapper with a few spots but not a bad looking stick. Well rolled too. Pre-light draw is faint hay and tobacco.

First few draws are sweet and woody. Not bad, BUT I am not getting my hopes up. The cigar is heavy and has a perfect draw.

About 2" in and this cigar is not bad so far. On the mild side, a bit of spice and a woodsy flavor. The aroma coming from the foot is nice.

About halfway through and doing fine. The dominant flavor is still woodsy but with an earthy finish. If I had to guess I would say that this cigar is Honduran. The burn is a little crooked but not bad.

Man, I nubbed this thing. Not a dog rocket by a long shot IMO.
borndead1 is offline   Reply With Quote