Thread: July 16th!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 08:26 AM   #19
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: July 16th!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
We found an older officer (to me at the time, anyway) asleep on midnights after a large snowstorm. Duct taped his doors shut, covered the windshield and all the windows with snow. That was a funny radio call.
Years ago my grandfather was an officer in a small (think Mayberry RFD) town in West Va. They had one cruiser and a "city" car that was the backup. The city park was in the center of town of course. Anyway, one of the city "elders" happened to be in the park with the grand kids and saw the cruiser parked off to the side so he decided to wander over and say hi. Turns out the young, somewhat new patrolman was taking a bit of a nap. Said "elder" quietly slipped the keys out of the ignition and dropped them off with his friend the police chief. My grandfather was coming on duty when the kid came in and tried to explain how he lost the keys to the patrol car. Needless to say, he had a short career, at least in that town.