i wish i was geRRy...

First Name: geRRy
Trading: (7)
ERdM
The Professor has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post
Box Squats. A lot of them. Also with the heavier weight your form tends to crap out first.
Putting 315 on your back is just as good as squatting it sometimes. I know when I start to get into the uncharted weight range I usually try to stand out of the rack with it a week or two before I actually try to squat it. That way I am less concerned about how heavy it feels and more concerned about squatting with proper form.
Yeah -- I was planning on both of those things. When you do box squats, do you do 65%? 75%? 85%? Below, at, or above parallel?

In terms of getting under the weight, one thing I was going to do was add standing smith machine calf raises back in. That gets me under 315+ in a working kind of way. The smith will take out some stabilizers, though; so maybe I should just get under it on the rack and lift off, step back, re-rack, and repeat. My calves don't really need to get any bigger, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
Besides that fiasco Sunday AM...I'm getting stronger each week. My legs feel fine from the running/training too..maybe I just needed rest.
Rest and, like Frank said, consume more calories.