View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #5
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Any good cigar based pipe blends?

The answer to the question is, 'NO!'

Tried the C&D cigar blends - not impressed. McClelland has one - not impressed. Schurch has a blend - not impressed.

Simply put, I think the best rule of thumb is thi:
Smoke a pipe to enjoy a pipe!
Want a cigar? Have a cigar!

Why? Those who take to the pipe as an alternative to a cigar are often disappointed because there is nowhere near the volume of smoke from a pipe as from a cigar. The nic hit is also usually much less from a pipe than a cigar. And, when trying to get a greater volume of smoke from a pipe, bad things usually happen - tongue bit being the biggest, a bowl that get very hot and possibly develops burn-out spots.

The most flavorful way to smoke a pipe is to sip and contemplate. This is not a volume of smoke thing, it is simply enjoying the incredible interplay of flavors that are possible.

Now, not everybody who goes from cigar to pipe will have these problems, but it is often the case.

This is all only my own personal opinion. It is worth about the amount of time it has taken you to read this, and nothing more. In fact, there may be others who disagree with me vehemently. So be it.

Here is the bottom line truth - Smoke what you like and enjoy it!

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Todd