Snow City

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
GWN will become famous soon enoughGWN will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Photography Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I re-read my comments on this photo and was a bit mortified....I did not intend to say that I did not like
this pic, or that I thought it was bad. In fact as a phone pic I rather like it. I have a partner that I work
local shows with; he books the acts and I do my best to cover them. And he always asks me what I
thought about this shot or that from his phone, and I always want to say "If I thought they were good,
I wouldn't be here." And by that I simply mean that if it was good enough to promote his show with,
he certainly wouldn't need ME to shoot DSLR photos. I LOVE staying at home nights.

So I tell him that I like the framing, composition, perspective, timing of the capture...things I DO Like
about the shot. Its not supposed to compare head to head, but it can still be a great shot. I am already
a big enough jerk not to come off as one accidentally, lol. This place is about photography, not DSLRs.
And from that perspective, the shots rather wicked. (You know what I DO HATE, though? These freaking
LED stage lights.)

No sweat, conversation was always about quality. Thanks for the comments on composition — I kinda dig it too. And I especially hate the red LEDs. They always seem to make the sensor take a crap.