View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 09:42 AM   #2731
Razorhog
Feeling at Home

First Name: Beau
Trading: (4)
Razorhog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

I'm not a beginner but have been away from the hobby long enough that I've forgotten some things. Made my way over here from the Jungle but then life happened (twins).

I have a winador and it holds humidity like a champ. Over the years I just made sure to wet the beads once or twice a year to keep RH in the 60's.

Smoked a few here and there and it's getting sparse in there so I'm organizing. I've noticed that the humidity is higher at the bottom, which doesn't make sense. 72 on bottom and 68 on top after a re-wetting a few days ago. I have about 3 lbs of 65% beads spread throughout - some on bottom, middle and top. Both hygrometers are Caliber III. I just swapped them to see if they read the same after a while.

So some questions -

1) Should I have the wine fridge plugged in and set to 66 (highest it goes) for some air movement, or just leave it off? I'm not sure how the thermoelectric cooling works but I'm afraid of drying things out.

2) Won a box of Legends by Pepin Garcia from cbid (super stoked about those) and was wondering if I should store the box in the humidor with the lid open or closed? Does it really matter?
Razorhog is offline   Reply With Quote