View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #56
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: General Star Wars Bizarre things

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Aside from the adding of the episode number, I don't think anything else was changed. "Release Versions" defined the pressing run, not necessarily a change in the movie (LDs are kind of weird in some of their nomenclature). Exempting the first release version, I think all the pre-box set releases are the same content, what changed was the jackets, P&S vs WS, NTSC/PAL and the fab that made the disc. Different fabs might have used different parameters in the transfer, so things might be lighter or darker but that's about it. It's not like DVDs where they make a gazillion all at once, the runs for LDs were typically much, much smaller numbers, that's why there were so many.

Not sure when they cleaned up the audio, that might have been in the later releases. Also not sure offhand when they went from DD to AC-3, not sure if that happened any time before the box set.
I'm not trying to start an argument here, but some in depth discussion would be nice here....

Lucas made the changes to add the "Episode IV" to the title crawl early on b/c the original release production companies thought that audiences would be confused by starting a new film with episode IV. I don't agree with the other changes, but Lucas owns the film and his vision is his vision. If he wants the changes, then so be it. Do I like all of them? No. But it's not my films to play with.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote