View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #11
druturn

Default Re: Home Protection Firearm

I currently use my Remington 870 20 gauge as home protection, but in a week I will be using my H&K 45 USP for concealed carry and home defense with a bed holster. It really all comes down to preference and what type of housing you are in. What ever you do, do not be tricked into using something crazy like 00 Buck for home defense. Those bad boys will go through your target and more than likely through your walls, endangering your neighbors. If you miss your target, you will REALLY endanger your neighbors. Since my shotgun is technically a hunting shotgun, it has a mag cap of 3 rounds that I outfit with #3 Buck, Birdshot, then another #3 Buck. Whatever weapon you decide to use, be extremely comfortable with it, familiarize yourself with the weapon and practice, practice, practice as much as you can. Range time helps tremendously, but also practicing clearing techniques specific to your house can be some of the most practical training you can do for free. Plan, practice, and hope to God in heaven that you never have to use it. Just my two cents.