Cigar: LFD Salomon
Origin: Dominican Republic
Size: 7” X 64
Price: 20-30$/single
Drink: Six Grapes Port and a glass of water
Start: 2125
End: 2325 (unfinished)

Pre-light:
I was expecting a tighter draw due to the tapered end but the draw is very easy. Hopefully this doesn’t burn fast because I am wanting to take this slow. The taste is a light wood with an all spice in the background.

Flavor: 31/33
1/3 : Very spicy beginning, starting with the first draw. Make sure that you keep puffing because I soon realized that this will go out in the first few minutes if you don’t keep it going. A little bit of pencil lead is coming out which is really odd. It’s not a strong taste, but it lingers with each draw. Coming towards the end of the first third, a very clean tobacco taste comes out which is very pleasing and the pencil lead taste is gone.
2/3 : The ash fell right after the first third and the flavors picked up. A very nice chocolate taste came up but the spice is the main event; a spicy light chocolate if you can picture it. Clean tobacco is still present and the amount of smoke is crazy. Towards the end of the second third I am picking up a very, well, let’s call it a sweet wood if it can be called that, the chocolate is also gone.
3/3: This cigar is kicking my butt. I still have 2 1/2"” left and I want to put it down but it is such a great cigar. I quit smoking cigarettes today (12 yr. habit), so that may be why I am feeling the nicotine, but damn, I am on my ass right now. Sorry for the crappy ending but I have to put it to rest, I am floored.
Smoking characteristics: 31/33
It seems like you can almost feel the oil on you tongue with each puff in the first third. The draw is good but a little easy. Burn is right on with no touch ups required. You will have to give a couple puffs to get a thick cloud of smoke in the first third, but after that it delivers thick clouds. Medium to full bodied with medium flavor. Very good overall.
Overall impression: 32/34
The draw is almost perfect but it is a little easy. This will go out early on if you don’t keep puffin, after it gets past the tapered end you are golden. This is a very solid cigar with excellent construction. The wrapper is near flawless with a few very light veins in a couple spots. The first third was a little frustrating but after that it is excellent. I am glad that have at least one more and I just checked Jack Schwartz but they are sold out. Hopefully I can pick up some more in RI next week.

Overall score: 94/100
Once again, sorry for the crappy ending
Mr.Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote