View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #20
macpappy
Rider on the storm.

Trading: (0)
Cohiba CoastGuard (Retired)
macpappy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: FedEx - We'll deliver when we want to.

A follow-up. Today is Monday, Dec. 29, 2008. As far as I know, the package is still sitting at the Fedex facility in Portland, OR because weather conditions have been sooooooo bad that they can't get it to Seattle for delivery.

That was one story we've been told. This is despite the fact that the weather has been getting into the 40s since Dec. 26 and it has been raining.

Then I was actually able to talk to a customer (non)support representative who told me that the package was in Portland but that facility is closed today. No reason why. It's Monday and hey! let's shut down a facility. He went on to tell me that it will be shipped to Seattle tomorrow morning and will be delivered as soon as possible. Then, get this, he tells me that there is a backlog of packages waiting to be delivered so if there is room it will probably be put on a truck for delivery Wednesday morning (nine days past the original delivery date) but if they can't make all the deliveries it could be either Friday or Monday before it's delivered because they are closed for New Years day.

He finished the conversation by saying, "Thank you for shipping with FEDEX."