View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #1446
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
I think all fighters want to finish their fights. Why fight for 25 min when you can fight for 2 and make the same $?
I agree GSP didn't take any chances against Kos, but he didn't have to. He also didn't dance or make Kos follow him around the octagon, he stood toe to toe, right in front of him, and fought!

Let's not forget Kos got his title shot by taking down Paul Daley and dry humping him for 3 rounds.

Agreed.

I haven't even seen the fight but Koscheck has made his career by dry humping other fighters for 3-5 rounds.

I also agree most fighters do want to finish their fights but some of them do also want to grind out the decision. Lyoto Machida and Koscheck come to mind. They don't want to take any chances or really even fight they just want to pad their record with "wins". Then again they really aren't fighters so Dom is absolutely 100% correct.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote