Old 12-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #1443
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

I'm hating on GSP solely because he is always called a great fighter, which in my own admission I don't doubt, but the man is a hypocrite. Ever listen to a GSP interview after a fight. "My goal was to finish off (insert whomever here)"

I understand the Fitch thing. Dude is a bulldog, and doesn't ever give up, and he has superior Jits, so he wasn't going to finish him at all, but take Saturday as an example. Kos had one eye (no depth perception) for 4 rounds, and instead of trying to accomplish his own admitted goal, he stood, circled and threw jabs. There was almost no attempt to anything but jab.

I don't hate on great fighters or fights. Some of my favorite fights of all time have been 3 or 5 round decisions. What I don't like is when the dominant fighter in his weight class doesn't even try to finish anymore.

As for the Hardy, hes tough, I will agree, but if you watch the footage again the armbar wasn't sinched in perfect, GSP's Jits coach even said as much after the fight. As for the Kimura, its anybodys guess, that was in deep and correctly, maybe Hardy's lack of discipline leads to be impervious to shoulder locks.

Last edited by yachties23; 12-15-2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: just noticed the post on the Kimura and armbar
yachties23 is offline   Reply With Quote