Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORIStheBLADE View Post
So when GSP was fighting Hardy and had him in that arm bar he let it go because he wanted a 5 round fight?
I'm not defending GSP, but I do remember that fight.

Looking at his record the last couple of years he has no submissions, but I highly doubt he wants decision wins. Last submission was in 2007.

I couldn't agree more.
I was lucky enough to be ringside for GSP Hardy. How Hardy's arm didn't come completely off was a miracle. From where I was sitting you could actually see the torque on his arm. GSP also had Hardy in a kimora in round 4, again Kudos to hardy. GSP was trying to finish him!

In regards to Brock, He was put In with Mir the first time to make sure he wasn't a fluke ala James Toney and dominated that fight until he made a rookie mistake and got caught in a heel hook. He showed he could fight and earned himself another bout, He then dominated heath Herring. Perhaps a shot against Couture was premature, but he won! He then avenged his loss to Mir. Using Cro Cop isn't a good example. He won his first bout and then lost to a middle of the road fighter Gonzaga and a barely above average Kongo. When he was in against Junior Dos santos he quit on his feet!

In the end UFC is a business and people WANTED TO SEE BROCK FIGHT!
I believe UFC 100 is still the most watched PPV to date with over 1.5 million buys.