View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #1860
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

I guess this is also a thread for rants. I had finally found a camera I really liked. It was as
high end as a point and shoot gets, it was the Fujifilm S200EXR. Granted, it is a reasonably
OLD point and shoot, as good as it gets, but it was too good for it's own good, I guess.
The camera wars are ongoing as fast and furious as ever, and things are obsolete in a year.
So I take it to get it repaired, since it died in New Orleans from getting FAR too moist. (never WET)
So the repair shop has it for 23 months. When I finally holler, they say its a Sandy thing, the NJ facility
is hanging on by a thread. So the next week they tell me that there will BE no DC-DC board forthcoming,
Fujinon is offering me a direct swap for a re-furb. I am thrilled. I love the camera and dfon't care how
another one gets into my hands. So I go to pick it up when they call me in, and Fuji has at the last minute,
flim-flammed me and substituted a HS20EXR for our agreed deal. And they AREN'T coming off it. The guy
at the shop is telling me that I am crazy not to be thrilled, it's "Such a great camera, with MUCH better specs
and blablabla". It's a CMOS sensor. I gave up a virtually NOISELESS CCD-based camera for stupid-a55
CMOS-based noise creator. And you know what? You CAN'T hurt these companies. They absolutely do not
care. And it's ALL OF EM. It's Canon first, though, they are really a55holes. But now Fuji just made the list,
Francis. I can't think of a single way I can hurt them. SO I wrote an angry email to them, then copied and
pasted into a text document and saved it. And everyday I am going to send the same email to tech support.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote