View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
gnarly

Default Best Beers Available in Boston?

I enjoy reading all of the beer threads, but it's more fun when I know I can try the stuff. I'm currently living in Medford, MA (college student) and looking to try some good brews. They don't have to be local, just available in the area. If you post it, I'll probably try it and write up a mini review.

Personally, I like dark/thick/malty/chocolate/coffee/licorice hints in my beers. I also really like complex IPAs. I've tried Stone's IPA, thought it was very good. Java Head by Troegs Brothers was lacking, especially for the $7 price tag. I recently tried Seirra Nevada, and really enjoyed their Stout and 2009 Anniversary Ale (IPA).

Belgian Ales aren't my taste and are often too expensive, but there are few I've liked. Delirium Tremens is my favorite golden beer (though at $6.50 for 11.2 oz, I'd only drink it on very special occasions). Duvel is nice, but too expensive. Piraat is also good, more my taste than Duvel, but also more expensive.

So what are your favorites? I'm especially interested in local and budget beers.

Thanks,

Wyatt