View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 04:21 AM   #288
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

It has been years since I have used Royal Oak briqs in I don't know how long. I really can't remember whether they are good are bad. In general though, I have gone away from using any kind of briq that isn't "all natural" which I am sure the RO briq isn't. The all natural briqs that use some kind of vegetable starch for a binder smell better when burning, have longer burn times, leave less ash, and I like the product cooked over them better. Of course that is just my opinion!!

As for RO lump... it is good overall and great for the price. I have been using it exclusively in my BGEs the last couple of years and am very happy with it. It has nice size pieces, not much dust, lights and burns well, and I can always get it at Walmart for under $6 a bag.