Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
That's a good price on the Kingsford. A few dollars off. Nothing to go crazy for, but I am starting to get low on it.

Should I just continue on the Kingsford or try something new?

How do you compare it to Royal Oak? All I have used on the WSM is Kingsford Comp. On my Smokin' Pro, I was using logs more than charcoal.
Exactly, I'm down to about 30lbs (1-1/2 bags) of blue bag k-briqs, so this was a well timed sale for me. Best deal I think I ever found on k-briqs was the beginning of this year or the end of last year, ACE hardware ran a 50% one item only, $10 max discount coupon. I picked up a twin-pack of 21.6lb blue bags for about $9.25 the door. If there had been more ACE hardware stores in a reasonable driving distance and I could be guaranteed the larger twin bag packs (since even at 1/2 price, the per lb single bag price at ACE is about the same as Costco) or the larger (40lb? 50lb?) sacks of Lazzari, I'd have hit every Ace hardware in the area.

I'll have to leave Royal Oak comparison to Gator, since I haven't used the K-comp briqs yet, and can't honestly remember if I've used Royal Oak lump or not. If I have, it's been long enough that I've forgotten so I would question of the comparason would even be accurate with whatever is going in the bags today. I do know that Royal Oak Lump seems to have three different countries of origin. Two in South America, the third is the US. IIRC, one of the S.A. producers just tosses crap in the bag, the other is good - I think Brazil is the good one, abet, it's mystery wood. The US one is supposed to be quite good too.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote