View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 11:33 AM   #38
JohnnyFlake
Just an old Wiseguy!

First Name: John
Trading: (18)
HUpmann Army
JohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Do you have a favorite movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
I'd probably have to say "Miller's Crossing". IMNSHO it's the Coen Bros best film, has flawless performances, the best Tommy Gun scene ever (bonus for Albert Finney restarting his cigar at the end of the scene), some genuinely laugh out loud moments, a complex but accessible plot, some shocking twists and turns, and features some gorgeous cinematography.
The first time I saw it I found it a bit cold and dour. It wasn't until subsequent viewings that I appreciated it fully.
And I know some consider it heresy to say this, but it's as good if not better a gangster film than "The Godfather".

Second place would probably go to "Patton".
"Millers Crossing" is an absolute classic, that almost seems unknown, to most people. A very worthy movie in all respects!

Sadly, I cannot pick a single favorite movie. There are far too many variations, the story line, special effects, the actors themselves, etc. It would be hard for me to pick my top 25 out of the thousands of movies I have seen in my life time!