View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 01:28 PM   #22
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Fourth Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I don't think TE/WR/RB is an option. Neither is the option I suggested. Oh yeah, it is. I'd agree to that in order to leave waivers as is."Oh yeah, it is" refers to what? the TE/WR/RB, or the TE/WR/RB/QB?
I freakin HATE waivers and waiver priority order, Cole. I understand that lots of guys can't be right on it when it comes to grabbing players because of other obligations. It bites everyone in the ass equally. But I have always felt that the guy who works the hardest should win this game, not the guy who waits 2 days to check his team. I'm thinking of my BIL when I mention this.
My BIL seldom even sets his team in the money league after I draft a monster for him, and he still wins. He doesn't even replace guys who are hurt, and he still wins. That pisses me off.
If a guy pounds the airwaves, internet, and his cell phone for constant FF content, it should give him an edge. Waivers and waiver priority erases that edge and it sucks. Even if it bites me in the ass cause I'm at Family Day every Sunday, I'd rather see Matt snipe a backup RB than someone else get him who didn't even set their team for the week. That'd make me nuts.

That said, if you guys want waivers and waiver priority, you got it. We just need 5 guys to want it and I'll change it., cause it really is a "standard setting". Or you and I can toss a coin. Or whatever you think is fair.
Dammit, I hate waivers.
I understand your frustration with the waiver priority....here is another method that I am using in my other league that I run with work colleges...

Basically this is how it works:

In a Free Agents Acquisition Budgets (FAAB) waivers system, each manager receives a dollar amount (say $100) to place blind bids on players that are on waivers. The manager with the highest bid at the end of the waiver period claims that player and that bid amount is deducted from the team's acquisition budget.

FAAB Rules

The FAAB does not apply to free-agent pickups. All free agents can be picked up on a first-come, first-serve basis, without bids. In other words, if no one bids on a player, you can pick him up for free after the bidding is resolved. Bids are hidden to other managers until a player clears waivers. The winning bid will display in the Transaction log. Players with multiple bids placed on them will display under "FAAB Bids" on a league's Transactions log.
The FAAB system charges you the exact amount you bid if your bid is successful. It will never automatically adjust your bid to beat any other bids by $1.
The default FAAB budget for teams is usually $100.
You can submit $0 bids, and if no one else bids more, you will be able to claim that player.
There isn't an option to force managers to make a minimum bid amount.

FAAB tiebreakers

If multiple managers place an equal bid on a player, there are three tiebreaker options:

Continual rolling list: Waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list.
Reverse order of standings (Football only): Waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list.
Weekly rolling list based on standings (Football only): Waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list.
Note: The priority list only changes when it is used to break a tie between two owners who submit identical bids. If a team submits the highest bid and the tiebreaker is not needed to award the player, the priority list remains unchanged following that claim.

what do you think? it gives everyone a shot...but also, if you think this guy is going to be a big impact (say a back-up RB for a guy that just broke his leg) and not everyone knows about him yet, or you have done more homework, then you can place your "silent" bid at what you think he is worth.

We can set the waiver priority to 1 day instead of 2 days...and then also, after that period is up, all other players left out there are Free Agents, and anyone can pick them up without having to make a silent bid.