Krish the Fish
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Krishna
Trading: (2)
Trinidad
Krish the Fish is on a distinguished road
Default Recommendations for a newbie

Hey guys,

I'm not the newbie in the title, but my brother really wants to get into cigars and I thought it would be a good birthday present to get him a humidor (I'm getting him a large Savoy Boveda), stock it with cigars, and get him all the accessories he needs to enjoy the hobby!

So far I've put a humidor on order with my local B&M, ordered him a cigar journal, a stinky, Palio straight cutter, Xikar VX, a Xikar punch, and two Xikar lighters. I also have been picking up some 5 packs, samplers, or singles on the devil site to really get him a good well rounded introduction to cigars.

My question to you guys is "What cigars would you recommend for a new cigar smoker?" I've been trying to stay away from anything I haven't had myself, or that I know is bad, but I've basically just ended up getting him 40 cigars that I like. So far I've gotten 5 Vegas classic/A/AAA, RP sun grown, NMSS lancero (one of my favorites), a CLE connecticut, Oliva G, CAO Brazilia (I remember liking these when I first started smoking cigars), and some RP "Royal Vintage".

I've been smoking cigars for a long time now so I don't have a very well rounded look at cigars any more (I smoke the same 3 cigars pretty much exclusively when I'm at the B&M), so I was hoping I could get some help from you guys with things that I wouldn't have generally thought of, and for things that you think would be good for a newbie cigar smoker.

Thanks a ton!
Krish the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote