Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Noob Contest blind review

Blind Cigar

Impression;

Construction is a little iffy on this one, there are a few blemishes on the wrapper that could prove to be trouble, even though the major flaw was due to the band being removed prematurely. It is a very dark oily slightly vein y box press cigar.

Pre-Lite;
Initial pre-lite smell is quite rich with leather and chocolate, and slightly sweet on the lips. Test draw is slightly tight but shouldnt affect the enjoyability of the cigar.

1st third;
Slightly peppery on the start with under notes of cedar and something I cant quite put my thumb on. Smoke is thin and tough to come by, but the ash is tight and with little flaking. The burn is quite uneven, easy enough to touch up. About ½" into the smoke the flavors remained the same but mellowed out quite a bit. It reminds me alot of a CAO MX2.

2nd third;

The draw is getting better and the burn evened out, but the smoke is still hard to come by. Peppery leather and cedar are still constant with hints of cocoa. The unidentified flavor from before is almost nutty but not quite. Strength toned down to what I would consider a medium-full smoke.

Final 3rd;
The blemish on the bottom 3rd of the smoke is now beginning to be an issue... Draw is flawless now and smoke is plentiful, but the wrapper is burning itself off the binder. It has moved to a more fuller body with a great deal of pepper and tobacco flavors. The wrapper burst into flames during a slight correction of the burn and I was forced to put it to sleep.

Conclusion;
From my experience I would give this a 7.5 due to construction issues and draw problems. The flavors were complex, full, and complimented each other quite well. This was right up my alley for a fuller body smoke. I would definitely revisit this cigar.

Thank you very much Christos for the opportunity to participate in your contest even though I overestimated my post whorishness, and to show my input with this blind review.