View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default I Finally Quit Chewing Snuff.

After at least 36 years, I finally quit chewing snuff.
I did it by mixing my snuff with Mint Snuff (that's the brand name) in ever lowering ratios of snuff to mint. By the time I got to 2 parts mint to 1 part snuff I preferred straight Mint Snuff to the mixed stuff.

I started this effort about 6 months ago, I'm thinking. I failed the first time, it drove me nuts. I just chewed less and less until I weaned off. I couldn't stand it, it made me nuts. I didn't use the Mint Snuff.
With this Mint, I chew much less and don't desire it like I do snuff. I'm guessing I'll just stop chewing it before long.

This took a whole lot of "want to" and an immense amount of prayer and faith that it'd get done. It had nothing to do with "willpower" because I really have none whatsoever. If I had any, I'd have quit years ago. What I do know is that Christ has ALWAYS given me anything I asked for, without fail. This is just another one of those proofs.

Now I just need to not pick it back up. That shouldn't be too tough, I feel tons better and I have plenty of the Mint Snuff to hold me over.