View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough
Default moving from big bowl pipes to small...

I started out like most people do "oh look at all this pipe i'm getting for the money. HUGE BOWL = WIN!" and I've now seemed to progress to the other end of the spectrum and I'm now looking for smaller bowl pipes. In looking at what I have in the racks I have mostly large bowl VA/VAPER pipes and small bowl english pipes and that worked great for a few years. But now I don't have the time, or sometimes I just get bored with smoking one blend for hours on end, hence where the smaller bowls come in.

I'm sitting here looking at my racks and realizing there are pipes that I haven't smoked in quite a few months, some because they don't smoke well others because I just look at them and go, "I don't want to smoke this much of a va blend today". yes I know I can just load less into the pipe but there comes a point where I can either load up a full bowl of english in a 1950's Kaywoodie or I can load a 1/2 bowl of VA into a Stanwell horn and 9/10 I'm reaching for the smaller woodie. Now I just need to find me some smaller bowl pipes to smoke VA/vaper in or try and change and smoke the english out of them.

so whats the point to this post, I'm not sure I have one other then it's wednesday night and I'm feeling a bit pipe reflective after coming up empty on ebay. However, I wonder if my experiences may help other new smokers. I know it's tempting to go out and grab that massive bowl freehand that your shop has over the smaller bowl pipe but sometimes it's worth it to downsize. I was talking with the pipe guy at my local shop and he's in the same boat as I am, he's got a whole rack (course his rack is much bigger then mine) of pipes he doesn't smoke because they're too big for him so yes it happens to more people then just myself and in talking to other long term smokers too. So new guys take this as you will and happy puffin
loki is offline   Reply With Quote