View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 03:02 PM   #8
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
If he ever said he wanted to quit I would make sure he had all the relevant info first, and then cry alone if he really did quit. Some kids are just naturals, and you hate to see that go to waste.

In the end as long as he was truly happy and still kept busy and stayed academically healthy as well, I would support whatever decision he made.

It would still suck tho
Yep it sucks, but he really wants to see what is out there, he only went snowboarding once in his life and really enjoyed it, up until the part where he broke his arm. He has been on the 'A' teams for the most part and he has played on many competitive club type teams, and year round for the past 4 years. I think he burnt himself out. When he has been told by coaches that he can't snowboard, it just make him want to do it more. So I respect it, and I'll miss it. I am also bummed that Wisconsin just passed a no smoking law and will not be able to smoke cigars in the chalet anymore.
Gophernut is offline   Reply With Quote