View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #50
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Job Interview Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
Being someone that is doing the interview process right now too, I'd say wearing a tie is always a good idea even if it's not what the "uniform" would be. I'd do the nice pants, button down shirt and a tie. I'm not a dressy type by any means but I make sure that I "clean up nicely" for important situations and a job interview is one of those.
OOPS, my bad, I was a lil slow, lol.

----------------------------------

I agree with this, because although the SUIT has not gone out of style for interviews, it is
not always necessary or appropriate for all job types, or rather it could be said that in
some job types, the interviewer would not be inclined to use that against you provided you
wore slacks, a dress shirt and a tie. However, IF YOU LOOK GOOD in a suit, there is no harm
in wearing one.
I don't. At least not at my current weight. I say keep good eye contact and I agree with small
talk, sometimes it is a trap, do not go casual yourself. Sir and Ma'am, never 'yeah' and if
you find yourself stuck for a work, 'uh' is a killer. Simply slow down or stop and compose yourself.
If 'uh' or 'you know' and the new death word, 'like' pop up in your conversation, you
should slow way down and think about what you are doing. It is called in the speech biz a
'verbalized pause', and that's what it is, a pause. So instead of verbalizing it, just pause.
The eternity in your head is actually a very short time, lol.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote