YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: A Martini thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD720 View Post
I have recently fallen bum over noggin for the Martini (I'm a brown liqueur guy - mostly scotch, some bourbon - and beer guy).

I found that really enjoy a dirty Vodka Martini.

I've been pouring a little bit (maybe a half jigger) of Martini & Rossi Martini Extra Dry into a chilled martini glass, spinning it around to coat the whole inside of the glass and then dumping it. I've been doing 3 Olives or Titos (the only other option in the house is Svedka) and a good bit of olive brine in a martini shaker then finishing it with a few Spanish olives. I also grabbed some blue cheese and have been stuffing the olives.

Here is the question for the serious Martini guys - is there an established ratio of Vodka (or gin) to olive brine? Should I be leaving the Vermouth in the glass? Is there a different Vermouth I should be using? Shaking vs. stirring? I'd love to hear some Martini tips.
A four word question should clear it up for you.
"Cello on or off?"

It's all a matter of preference/taste. Experiment and decide for yourself what YOU like best.

No flak from me but . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaga View Post
Chill the glass. Put the vermouth in the shaker. Put the gin (or vodka) in the shaker and let it chill while you spear a couple, few olives from the jar that has been in the fridge. Put the olives in the martini glass. Shake the SH!T out of the contents of the shaker and pour into the glass. Very important part. Hold the full glass up to the setting sun to observe the ice crystals refracting the sun's rays and toast to another day. ENJOY.