Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation
Default Re: DBall's Newb Blind Taste Test Thread

Slavac Cigar #2

Cigar: Mystery Cigar 2
Setting: Back Deck again, 75deg night, just after a light rain.
Drink: Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale

Initial Impressions: Cigar is another small one, yet the construction seems flawless. It has what I assume is a triple cap, no flaws visible, light/medium veins and appears a bit oily. This will be fun.

Cut and pre-light draw: Nice tight wrap. Easy draw though not what I would consider loose. Draw reminds me of a Cx2 or Man of War. Tastes slightly earthy with a hint of pine and leather.

Lit easily using my tri-torch.

Draw after lighting: Medium draw and for lack of a better word, 'ideal.'

First Third: From notes: "Oh yes, this is bliss."
Clouds of smoke with a smoothe, even draw.
No hint of bitterness anywhere on the palate.
From this impression, I would consider this a medium bodied cigar.
Tight white ash with an even burn.
Flavors are a hint of leather, mostly tobacco with no sweetness.
Toward the end of the First Third, the burn became slightly uneven though it appears to be self-correcting.
Absolutely lovely.

^Slightly off burn lines, nice tight, white ash.

Second Third: Burn continues to be slightly uneven. Ash is white and seems to be a bit looser, but not shaggy.
Burn stopped being self correcting at this point.
Lost its ash at the 3/8ths mark.
Flavors are a bit stronger now. Tasting more peat, earth, tobacco. Reminds me of a Cohiba black in flavor. This cigar seems more full bodied now than medium.
Slight tar taste on the end of 2/3, but it is very slight.
Amazing thus far. Truly enjoyable smoke.

^As BigAsh would say, "Don't knock the ash."

Third Third: From notes: "I love this cigar. I will name her Consuela. If I didn't have Amy, I would run away with Consuela.
Taste remains the same from the Second Third. Tar taste has gone and all that remains is earth, tobacco and love.
Bit of a funky ash angle for some reason.
This cigar still emits clouds upon clouds of white smoke despite it's smallish nature.
Lost the ash again with about 1.5" of ash buildup.

^Funky ash. Bit of shagging, but very minor. Despite uneven burn, never had a runner.

Final Impressions: This smallish cigar took about 40 minutes to smoke, which is ideal for a late night smoke before bed.
Would I buy again: In a heartbeat.
Would I smoke again: Not only would I smoke this one again, I would recommend this to my friends/family.
Overall Rating With 10 the highest possible and 0 the baseline: 9.0/10

Final Thoughts: This is one of the few cigars I've nubbed until my lips couldn't stand the heat. This was truly an amazing cigar.

DBall is offline   Reply With Quote