Thread: Plasma or LCD?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 03:39 PM   #55
barbourjay

Default Re: Plasma or LCD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamC View Post
I prefer LCD to Plasma...Plasma burns out too easily and the picture isn't that much better. Just a little. But with the burnout it's not worth the hassel. My boy went through 2 plasma's before he would listen. Get an LCD.

I got a 46" Sony Wega LCD 720p. I've had it for 3 years. Got my bluray hooked up and Sony 5.1 surround sound. My tv still looks better than a lot, I am a expert at Calibrating for HD
not to be a know it all but your boy didn't do something right. plasma half life (half point of brightness) is generally over 100,000 hours now. as for burn in with proper break in done (using a disc that displays solid color schemes for a certain amount of time) burn in is non existant. i've owned 3 plasmas so far, each one was upgrading resolutions and there is NO LCD that can touch the picture quality and speed of my pioneer. the technology for LCD's is not near as close to higher end plasmas yet and even with 120hz there is still crazy motion blur. if you've never had a good plasma you probably wouldn't know what you are missing. the LCDers who work with me are amazed when they see true 24hz reproduction with TRUE blacks displayed on the TV.

LCD has one advantage. it's cheaper. the cons everyone lists for plasma are generally sales tactics to get people into a set with a higher profit margin.