View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Where I was this weekend...

Friday through Sunday I was at a Higher Things Youth Retreat entitled, Here I Stand, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Sheboygan. Over 200 youth were in attendance. I taught a workshop entitled, "Hey, Pastor, Got A Minute?" It was allowing youth to ask questions of a pastor that they had never maybe asked before.

Anyway, another pastor and I got to talking about how fast we could recite some things, namely; the Books of the Bible, and Martin Luther's explanations to the 2nd and 3rd Articles of the Creed. Well, I challenged him to publically prove it.

To make it interesting, we agreed that if the retreat participants (adults, youth, volunteers from Trinity) could get $300 raised, the winner could give the other a buzz cut and the money would be donated to Lutherans for Life. So he agreed. A touch over $300 was raised, the contest was on, and in front of over $300 people at the talent show, I was fortunate enough to win. But then I said, "if we get another $150 collected while I am buzzing Pastor Seifferlein's hair, I'll let him buzz mine." I think it took about 4 passes on his head and the $$ was collected.

We raised $539 for Lutherans For Life, and it looks like I'll be wearing a hat when I go outside for the rest of the winter.

Pastor Seifferlein and I before the recitations.

Pastor Seifferlein speed reciting.

My turn to speed recite.

The cutting in process.

The sheep after the shearing.

What a great event the whole Retreat was.

Last edited by pnoon; 02-18-2013 at 10:05 PM.
RevSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote