View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #19
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maybe Even Better Than Cigars...

Welp, I didn't get to hurt myself with the second vise. I smashed my fingers with the first one and cut myself 3 or 4 times.
This one arrived broke. A mounting tab on the body casting. I packed her up and it'll be a week or better until the other one gets here. They said they'd ship on the 14th, I don't know why it'll be so long.
I had read in the reviews at Amazon about how many of these vises arrive broken, and it was pretty alarming. Amazon pays the shipping to send it (free shipping on this bad boy), return it, and send a new one, $38.95 a throw. So at this point, they have $120 shipping wrapped up in a $150 vise. If the next one arrives broken, they'll have $240 wrapped up in a $150 vise.
The big, heavy sumb1tch is just thrown in a cardboard box. No foam, no nothing. You'd think they'd use those plastic bags and squirt foam, then maybe Jorgensen could make some money. It's no skin off my ass, but it's a really, really nice vise. They'll quit making them if they're not making any coin, and that'd suck. It's nearly impossible to even find a good bench vise, because the good companies have all closed their doors.

Anyways, I got the bench all cut out and installed the backing on both sides, so when the replacement gets here it'll only take 15 minutes or so to mount it.
It'd take me at least 4 or 5 hours to get drunk enough to mount Mila, so that's not bad, relatively speaking.