View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #44
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Re: 'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn dies in fiery Pa. crash

The really sad thing if it were true is he was less than an 1/8th mile from home but still doesn't excuse the fact that he drove drunk. When I go out, if I have two or more drinks I hand the keys over to someone even though two beers have zero effect on me. At the end of the day it's not worth getting pulled over and possibly blowing a high enough BAC. If I'm on the bike, I will not ride even if I had more than one drink. Call me crazy but that's just being an adult about it. I didn't always think like this but a few years in the fire service running Heavy Rescue kind of puts things into perspective for you.
As far as holding the bartender liable. If he was acting normal and didn't seem to be too wasted than there is no reason to cut someone off. Everyone handles alcohol different and I have been out with guys that clearly couldn't handle their liquor and have been cut off by the bar but keep in mind that they were either acting like complete fools or just plain sloppy. The bartender tends to have a bar full of customers so they can't keep track of how many drinks each person has consumed especially since most times guys buy each other rounds. This is why they have a drinking age because at that age your supposed to be adult enough to make grown up choices. I kind of lump this into the same boat as the fat bast@rds who sue McDonalds because they got fat eating their product too much. On top of it you add the celebrity factor to it especially a guy from Jackass and they seem to think they're invincible and have the "It will never happen to me attitude" because most times they are let off with a slap to the wrist whereas the average Joe would be crucified for it. Perfect example is recently Kyle Bush was pulled for doing 130mph in a 45. Funny how he was at the track a couple days later suited up to go to work where I would have been sitting in the can still. We as a society tend to put celebrities on a pedestal and than act surprised when they get away with outlandish crap or kill themselves or someone else in the process.