View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #1447
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
In regards to Brock, He was put In with Mir the first time to make sure he wasn't a fluke ala James Toney and dominated that fight until he made a rookie mistake and got caught in a heel hook. He showed he could fight and earned himself another bout, He then dominated heath Herring. Perhaps a shot against Couture was premature, but he won! He then avenged his loss to Mir. Using Cro Cop isn't a good example. He won his first bout and then lost to a middle of the road fighter Gonzaga and a barely above average Kongo. When he was in against Junior Dos santos he quit on his feet!
My point was Cro Cop gets Sanchez and a 1 fight NOOB gets Mir? That decision was motivated by $$$ and greed. Especially when Cro Cop came off a fantastic Pride career, and I'm sorry I think he beat Fedor if not it was definitely a VERY close fight. Brock came off a 1 fight win vs.....*crickets* MR SHARK!??!?

Brock dominating Mir......Eh, maybe but for what less than 3 minutes? It's easy to run at someone and land a few good shots without thinking about what failure you're setting yourself up for. He got outclassed by a much more patient Mir. Brock is also a classless poor loser, he represents everything MMA wasn't supposed to be.

Brock dominating Herring? Nope Brock sat on herring and maybe threw 1-3 good punches. He even said his goal was to ride it out or just tie him up.

Gonzaga got a good kick no doubt. Kongo kneed Cro Cop in the balls like 3 times. IMO that should have been a DQ or points taken off. How well would you fight or even do anything involving moving if you took 3 knee shots to the nuts?
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote