View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 06:23 PM   #19
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here's some bad news on five finger bags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silound View Post
For those of you that use a LOT of finger bags, you can buy a Traco TISH-100 Impulse Sealer for around 50 dollars. Buy boxes of 1000 polypropylene bags in the size you need and seal your own finger bags down to custom sizes.

I have access to a slightly larger one, the TISH-200 that does an 8" long seal (the 100 model has a 4" seal), so I can adjust my seal size as needed. Both models make a seal about 2mm wide, and as far as I've been using it, I buy just plain cheap 8x8 or 8x10 2mil/4mil poly bags for around 35-40 dollars for a case of 1000.

Granted that's a time consuming effort if I needed 1000 bags right away, but I have a handful made and can make a handful more if I ever need them.
Can you keep them airtight with that sealer? We used different sealers back in the day to seal the same material (gussetted poly bags) and they were an incredible pain in the ass to keep them the right temperature. I can't even imagine how painful it'd be putting 4000 seals in 1000 bags.
I used to have a girlfriend whose parents owned a balloon business. I used to get coralled into making balloons when they did parades and weddings. We used heat sealers on the mylar balloons.
I had about a 500 balloon limit and I was looking for the door.