View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #35
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Dirty Glassware at a Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
Warren, I took pride in my work, but as I explained in several posts here, lipstick can always slip through, it happens. It doesn't mean that the bartender or waitress is a dirtbag who doesn't take pride in his work. Lipstick is the most nasty stuff for a bartender.

And again, nobody's perfect, you make mistakes and so can a bartender. Return the glass, you'll get a new one in a clean glass, no harm done. Stop whining about it.
Not sure why you seem to think I'm singling you out. I'm not. I never said "Don Fernando doesn't clean his bar glasses." However, there are MANY bartenders who are dirtbags, the job seems to attract them. If the industry wanted to do something about cleaning the glasses right every time, they could change the method by which glasses are cleaned. Evidently the 3 brush method is not reliable. Many industries have to change over the years to improve their quality and service. Perhaps it is time that the beverage service industry improve theirs.

If you wish to continue this converation feel free to PM me. Otherwise I think we've covered the topic adequately.