View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #7
jbo57

Default Re: Weird Humidor Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValorBali41 View Post
Move all the cigars out of the humi, then try leaving some activated charcoal in plastic dishes inside of it. Let it sit for 2 weeks if you have another humi to put your cigars into and the charcoal should take out the smell. Worked for mine after I had a similar problem where the humi was too moist and had a weird odor effect on the sticks that were directly in contact with the cedar, although the tainted taste probably would have spread to all of them if I didn't catch it early enough. Good Luck

Also as a suggestion for the storage of the cigars temporarily, you can just buy a small cooler (28 quart, runs about $15.00 at wall-mart) and store them temporarily and then keep it afterwards as a second humi or travel humi
Thanks Valor...it's weird that you mention humidity. I have always been absolutely fanatical when it comes to RH. It has always been between 65-70%. A humidity problem was the first thing that went through my mind as well. I don't have any charcoal on hand, but I'm wondering if baking soda wouldn't accomplish the same thing.