View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 08:19 AM   #21
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Losing some love for Pepin lately

Okay so I feel the need to revive this thread because after 5 months or so of resting, I have some new results...

DPG JJ - these are among the best of the bunch currently, all they needed was a little more time to rest, nice burn and flavor

DPG Black - okay so these are pretty good now too, the Toros have been better than the robustos generally but have had some exceptional robustos too...

DPG Blue - and here is where things literally sheet the bed....Like the Blacks, the Blue's Toros are better than the robustos for sure...but then that is not saying much because the robustos are just god awful...they burn evenly but the best of them are only mediocre in terms of flavor...WHAT IS GOING ON WITH PEPIN BLUES????

I wouldn't be so critical if I hadn't had such AMAZING Blues in the past...I'm frustrated because I can't figure out if I just got really lucky before, or maybe I'd just had extremely aged Blues before, or if it's simply that their quality has recently plummeted...
Of course, last time I looked at the boxes I either didn't see them or they were smudged so I wasn't able to ascertain box dates
But please, if anyone buys recent boxes of DPG Blues, of any size, please post here with your results because I am very curious...
Meanwhile I will continue to age/rest the Blues that I have and will try to make a point to come back here and report the results in the future.
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote