Thread: nice rums?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #507
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: nice rums?

Sea Wynde - 92 proof pot still rum.

So on Saturday Dave (N3UKA) was over for my daughters 21st birthday and brought along a bottle of Sea Wynde that he picked up and hadn't had before (while I have-still had one bottle on the shelf.)

So there we are out on the deck enjoying a smoke and doing shots while watching the short skirts and various female parts trying to escape from their tops. It all proved to be a very enjoyable night.

As I said we did shots all night with this bottle. After the first one, you let the initial burn subside and then you are good to go! Your mouth and throat are bathed in a nice honey, slightly fruity and subtle sweetness. Suffice to say that we may have shared 5 or 6 shots with others but the rest was ours and the next morning less than a 1/4 of the bottle was all that's left.

For some reason I can't remember the smokes that we had -

So if you run across this very cool looking bottle with the pewter label on it - grab a bottle. Makes a nice addition to anybody's rum shelf.

Here is the website: http://www.castlebrandsinc.com/sea_wynde.php

I'm sure that it would make an excellent mixer if you choose - but use something that's not heavy on the syrup/sweet side.

Ron

RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote