View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 07:19 AM   #2043
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Went out to a nice dinner Saturday night, looked behind the bar and they had some very interesting looking bottles so I asked for the whiskey menu. I was surprised how "reasonable" most of the prices were, especially for being a semi fancy spot downtown (other than the $100/oz for pappy 20) so I ended up buying an ounce of William Larue Weller after the meal. It wasn't as life changing as I was hoping, and Tom's going to kill me but I thought it was slightly too hot (I believe 128 proof). I added a splash of water to it which improved it, but based on everything I've heard I thought it was going to be more of an eye opener. They also had GTS for the same price and if I was hanging out longer that would have been my next pour, but the food was fantastic so I bet I could convince Sarah to go again and this time I'll skip the cocktail (old fashioned with ER barrel pick) and go for the straight stuff