View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 10:10 PM   #12
Fig_Nasty
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Nelson
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
Fig_Nasty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What are you eating & drinking for Christmas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday View Post

So this year my family decided to go with something a little less conventional, but with good reason if you ask me. In past years my mother would go through the trouble of spending hours in the kitchen to make food that people hardly eat. (Not me, I love her cooking!)
But so we decided to go with a local chain of take & bake pizza. Will link at bottom of post if you care to check them out. We went with the “Moltansanti” a more traditional Italian style pie as well as the “Wing Ding” Which is essentially a hot chicken wing style pizza. Oh, and cheesy sticks for good measure. What I love about this pizzeria is that they use really top-notch ingredients, the Gorgonzola on the wing ding is stellar!
Oh and as if that wasn’t amazing enough, the location I frequent shares their property with a wine & beer shop! So naturally, I picked up a 6er of Brewdog Choco Libre, and a nice Chianti. Kill two deliciously drunken birds with one stone, I always say! (Okay, I never say that, except for right now.)
Decided to post the booze here as well instead of posting a whole separate thread in the wine & beer section, hope that’s okay!

https://www.mamamimis.com

Here in Miami there is plenty of Cuban style Lechon with rice/black beans and yuca to go around. Always my favorite time of year.

Michael brewdogs has some really good stuff out. Had the opportunity to taste their American Imperial Stout "Tactical Nuclear Penguin" coming in at a whoping 32% abv The bottles of it don't come around too often and it was pretty intense to say the least haha