Thread: Rookie mistakes
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 11:58 AM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Rookie mistakes

I'm gonna run a contest next month regarding this topic but just wanted to hear stories of all of your rookie mistakes. When i started out all i could think about or want was cuban cigars (forbidden fruit) so I went on cigar.com and found the infamous Gurkha Pre-embargo cuban cigars where they found this palate of perfectly kept pre-embargo cuban tobacco and how you had the privilege of spending $20 a cigar to own one so i bought 3 plus some montecristo's because that was a brand i recognized. Not only were they not that good BUT i didn't know how to cut a cigar so like al western movies i bit the caps off making an awful mess of it. I thought i was pretty cool until i joined club stogie and learned how wrong i had been. I don't remember much about the flavors other than they tasted NOTHING like the cubans i've had since. So what were some of your rookie mistakes? Let me know. I think this could be fun. God bless you all!