Thread: To the nub
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 07:25 AM   #11
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: To the nub

Dave, I'm with Bruce. While I'm very happy and very blessed, my life has had its difficulties. My faith in Christ as my savior and in his Word (the Bible) has been the foundation for everything. Some think faith is a lucky rabbit's foot and we'll have a perfect peaceful life. However, it doesn't work that way. Most of Christ's disciples were martyred for their faith. He even told them before his death that many would hate them because they followed him. My point is God also said that we're hear for a reason. Sometimes it's hard to see or understand what that is but, he assures us over and over in his Word that life is precious and is not in vain.

I've been married 20 years myself and I cannot imagine losing my wife. My heart sinks just thinking about that. I cannot fathom the loss. The closest loss I've experienced was my step-brother. He was only 3 months apart from me in age. He died just before turning 20. He got into drugs and didn't know about a genetic heart defect; one my step-dad's entire family has. It was only discovered because of his tragic death. Learning of that defect has likely saved the lives of my step-dad, both my step-sisters, and several of my cousins (step). Was that why God took him at such a young age? I don't know. His loss is a scar that my whole family bears to this day. I praise God my wife got to meet him, even though it was just once. His loss still hurts. I still miss him but, I praise God for the years we had with him.

I don't meant to make this about me. I know every situation is different. Just know that I feel for you and I will keep you in my prayers as well.