Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #22
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugill View Post
The Sword of Truth series is completed and finished. It is darn good and pretty epic. They attempted a series of that set of novels as well but it failed as it strayed WAY off course from the books and alienated the entire fan base.
This is exactly what happened to Robert Jordan and Wheel of Time for the middle chunk of the series, unfortunately when he realized he was dying and started to get the series back on track a) a lot of fans had already moved on and b) he didn't live long enough to finish the series.

Luckily Brandon Sanderson is a great writer and seamlessly finished the book Jordan was halfway through and has done a great job finishing up the series so far. One more book and I'll finally finish this decade long love affair (completely with ups and downs), haha.

I agree that Martin seems to have stayed true to the original story and has done a GREAT job telling to story...I just wish he could've released more than 4 books in a 15 year period Doesn't give me much hope that he'll finish the 7 book series by 2020, lol