View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #34
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Started WW today

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
I just set a realistic goal to start with.
One of the best things you can do. I was like you. Started around the 300lb mark and thought I could lose just 50lbs and carry it well. The time came I hit 250 and I still didn't like the way I looked. So I set a new goal of 225, then 200, then 190. Now I'm at the 183-185lb mark and figure this is good. I still have some fat to lose, but want to put on muscle. So as long as it all evens out in the end I'll be happy.

Don't get discouraged if you do put on a few lbs, or only losing a 1lb in a week after hitting the cardio hard. I went through that too. Your body will rebel at times and hold onto a bit of extra weight. Remember, it's used to being at a certain weight and you're now upsetting that balance. Just as long as you keep going in the right direction you're doing good.