Look Away! I'm Hideous!!

First Name: Alex
Trading: (9)
PL
FrequenC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker Intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz77 View Post
Thanks for all the tips guys. Ive been doing some extensive research all week reading forums and going to tobaccoreviews.com. Just like when I started cigars 5 years ago my head is spinning from all the cool pipe info. Sure is fun though to peak down a new slope.

I can only hope my wife takes a liking to the smell and lets me continue my indoor hobby.

As stated before Ill be smoking in my basement its finished with furniture. I have half linoleum and half carpet flooring...Is stale pipe smoke unwelcoming or a problem? Should I be worried about lingering smells like I do with cigars? Should I open a window, turn on a fan?

Welcome to the slope!

The best tip I can give you is Take it Slow! Don't puff too often or you will regret it. Just enjoy the the scents, tastes and the general relaxation of this lovely hobby!

As far as stale pipe smoke, I find it depends on the blend (For the most part aromatics leave a welcoming scent in the air and I have not found any stale smoke smell lingering as with cigars or cigarettes. However, opening a window doesn't hurt either

Also don't be afraid to pick up some non-aromatics, I would recommend starting with something like Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake, Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake, Escudo, or all 3 of them! If you're feeling brave and want to try something with Latakia try something like Squadron Leader although I doubt the wife will enjoy the smell of this in the house

Either way, enjoy the time spent smoking and enjoy your descent down this slippery slope!