View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #44
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough
Default Re: J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujponds View Post
The Jets HAVE made several offers including long and short term. Revis has turned everything down because there wasn't enough up front. I would expect him to show up by the 10th as he will be fined 16,000 a day after that. there is really not to much the Jets can do concerning a long term deal until at least next off season. hopefully they can agree on something short term involving a big signing bonas if not, I hate to say it but the Jets could get a hell of lot in a trade. Rex Ryan has had some pretty good Defenses before he had Revis. As for me, I'm a fan of the team before ANY player.
Interesting. Wide reports over past few days that although Jets seemed like they made offers, not even one official offer was ever made. I have not seen any numbers thrown out there by the team so far, have you? What are they?

Revis is on the record, though, that he wants to be the highest paid CB in the league and we all know it means $15+M per year (Raiders' monopoly money).

Team comes first, I am with you, especially now that Jets are rich at CB position Revis or not and last week a DB elsewhere signed in the region of $10-12M per year. But I would still like to see the management throw out some numbers out there to start negotiations and to justify their position, they are losing momentum at this point and we're headed towards a trade.
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote