Taters of the lost Ark

Trading: (13)
RG
tchariya will become famous soon enoughtchariya will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sleep Apnea Support/Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
My name is Tom and I have sleep apnea.

Diagnosed 4+ years ago, I had the somnoplasty (surgery) twice, and it improved my condition but did not cure it. Had the option for a 3rd surgery, and declined based on the horrible after effects of surgery #2.

May go the the mask at some point, but my symptoms and blood pressure are much improved so I won't be doing it any time soon.

Brent, I would love a link to the pillow you speak of when you get a chance.
Folks,

Tom is an example that sleep apnea can happen to anyone. The majority of the sufferers are people that are overweight.

I am overweight...morbidly obese as a matter of fact and I have obstructive sleep apnea. I primarily sleep on my back. I am congested almost every night if I don't use some sort of nasal spray or decongestion medication. Recently I have adjust my sleep style and sleep on my side. (I place something annoying behind me just i ncase I roll on my back to wake me up or readjust my position) This had made a huge difference and the loved ones have noticed less snoring and I have had a deeper sleep. But I know I have to shed lbs as additional treatment to reverse my OSA.

t.
tchariya is offline   Reply With Quote