Old 04-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #95
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Gardeners in the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
Cliff, I was reading about that. It still seems pretty new. Most write ups were from early April of this year. If it's real, I say give the inventor his billion and early retirement. I'll line up for the crazy kool aid. I was reading were people self-vaccinate by eating young leaves. Are the f'in crazy?? It would surely kill me. Also read where Round Up is only moderately effective. Thinking about painting the 36% concentrate on the leaves with a brush. I found several patches of it this afternoon when I got home.
I've swabbed down with vinegar twice since supper. It works a little better than nothing. There's also a new spot on my knee and on my ankle. I have some prescription triamcinolone from a few years ago and it slows down the itch. Hopefully I can stay on top of it and keep it manageable.
Eat it, my azz!!
I know personally that you can get immunity from it! My immunity (98%) comes from rolling around in a patch while fighting when I was in the 6th grade. I had it so bad I was outta school for a week and half, and had to take baths in medicine every night! After that episode, I (apparently) developed immunity. For 30 years, I could rub it all over me, and never get a bump. Now, I get into it, I get one or two bumps in one or two places. Maybe every 5 years, I get twice that much. Since immunity is apparently possible naturally, I have to assume it works on the vaccine. Everything I've seen indicates it works for most people! Maybe it would work for you. However, if I was you, and had your level of allergy to it, I'd be leery of any vaccine without strong research!!! Hope you get over your current bout quickly!