Old 04-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #93
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Gardeners in the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post

Nope, I didn't plant it. And nope, I can't be around it. The bane of us highly sensitive gardeners. Poison Ivy. This sh$t has pestered me since I can remember being on this planet. I'm weed eating Saturday under a large palmetto with leaves drooped to the ground, just slinging weed debris everywhere. Then I see it...two feet high growing next to the trunk, so I backed out. Didn't want any part of it. I figured I'd spray it on the next lap around the property with Round Up. By yesterday afternoon, I have several patches coming to life, with a big patch under my bicep on my right arm. That means I have about another week of "guess where the next patch comes out." I truly despise this plant, above all others, in the flora kingdom. To boot, it's under my watch band.
Definitely sounds like you need a good day of Round-up spraying! I read somewhere that they now have a vaccine for Poison Oak/Ivy. Have you tried that?